Products for Mainframe Integration & Optimization
Enterprises worldwide use the zBridge family of HostBridge products to integrate mainframe assets with any distributed systems – web, mobile, application, SOA, and cloud – to optimize mainframe processes and reclaim value from legacy applications.
EnvironmentHB.js is zIIP-enabled, runs inside CICS, and supports:
- CICS terminal-oriented (visual) transactions
- BMS, non-BMS, 3270, and CA application types
- COMMAREA (non-visual) programs
- DB2®, VSAM™, DL/I, Datacom®, and other data assets
- Connectivity via HTTP, LINK/EXCI, Enhanced WebSphere MQ
- Extended Multi-Region Operation (MRO)
- Other CICS and z/OS tools and technologies.
Use CasesWith HB.js, you can:
- Orchestrate CICS terminal-oriented transaction micro flows as single services
- Orchestrate and aggregate transactions, programs (e.g., COMMAREA), and data into single composite services
- Integrate anything mainframe with anything distributed – Web and mobile applications, cloud architectures, service-oriented architectures (SOAs), other enterprise applications, etc.
OrchestrationWith HB.js, developers can incorporate complex CICS transaction micro flows that can involve interaction with dozens or even hundreds of screens into a single, reusable Web service. Integrating these micro flows using sub-optimal, middle-tier integration technologies has serious performance implications because they require a full request-response cycle with the mainframe for each transaction. HB.js executes the entire transaction sequence on the mainframe, orchestrating and aggregating all relevant data and returning a single response, typically with sub-second response times.
Development EnvironmentDevelopers can use HB.js to expose z Systems apps and data using the same high-performance, industry-standard technologies used by today’s leaders in mobile, web, and cloud computing. The HostBridge Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE) allows developers to easily and rapidly author, test, and deploy HB.js scripts/Web services. The IDE includes HB Transaction Explorer, a graphical display that precisely replicates CICS screens. Using this tool, developers can navigate live terminal-oriented CICS application micro flows to develop highly reliable integration scripts/services.
Product OverviewThe HostBridge Transaction Analytics Connector (HTAC) is for any SIEM-using organization that also uses CICS transactions to provide functionality to end user devices. HTAC exploits the transaction tracking infrastructure IBM has added to CICS, allowing enterprises to fully understand the impact of web and mobile transactions on the mainframe. With HTAC, SIEM systems such as Splunk gain an end-to-end view of these transactions for performance management or auditing purposes.
EnvironmentHTAC runs within any supported version of CICS (5.x recommended) and enables tracking of any type of CICS transaction.
Use CasesWhen used with an SIEM platform, HTAC makes it possible to correlate CICS transactions with their points of origin on mobile or other distributed applications to know:
- The total duration of the user experience, including network latency
- The amount of time a transaction spent in each mainframe subsystem
- If a transaction completed successfully or failed
- If a transaction fell outside of predefined performance goals
We want to help
We listen carefully to your specific growth goals, and execute the right strategy to help you meet them.
Hands on Team
Our experienced team offers hands-on support including scheduled training sessions, performance monitoring and regular check-ins.
Get you Going
Hostbridge reduces unnecessary cost and complexity associated with manual processes and multiple vendors