Using APIs for CICS Modernization
By Russ Teubner
Modernizing mainframe applications is an important element of many digital transformation strategies. Letting legacy apps participate in the hybrid cloud is a high priority for the IT organization. It can also save money. An Accenture study* shares that modernizing legacy applications can:
- Create 15 to 35% infrastructure year-over-year savings
- Lower application maintenance and run costs by 30-50%
Accelerating Application Modernization with Low Code Platforms
Successful modernization requires solving two problems:
- Accessing mainframe apps and data, and
- Providing a rich front-end experience. This eBook shows how to solve both!
- What modernization means
- Modernization tradeoffs and challenges
- Modernization approaches
- What is Low Code Development?
- Modernization and Simplification
- The Platform Modernization Toolkit
- Putting the Toolkit to use
Guide to Creating CICS Web Services
We’ll help you develop your first set of CICS web services on your system using your CICS applications through our free, fully supported trial program!
- What CICS web services are.
- Why they’re ideal for integrating CICS applications with RPA bots, cloud, web, or mobile apps.
- What the steps are in the CICS web services development process.
- How mainframe and middle-tier developers can work together to implement CICS web services.
By S. Michael Benson
Effective mainframe optimization allows the mainframe to fully participate in the hybrid cloud. Optimization is complex, however, because it’s hard to link mainframe transaction volume to its non-mainframe source. Integration analytics correlate mainframe activity to its source, identifying suboptimal interactions.
This eBook explains mainframe optimization trends and challenges, and proposes integration analytics to enable faster, better optimization.
Using z/OS Connect EE and HB.js for CICS API
Written like an IBM Redbook, this free guide shares how ZCEE users can leverage HB.js to extend the capabilities of ZCEE to all CICS apps.
We can help you get more value from your ZCEE investment by using HB.js to integrate screen-based CICS applications, and orchestrate any CICS app.
Guide to Automation Anywhere Mainframe Integration
This publication is useful to those who plan for and operate RPA within an IBM Z environment RPA programmers, as well as enterprise IT architects and system administrators. The reader is expected to possess general understanding of:
- IBM System Z and Automation Anywhere development methods
- General Automation Anywhere concepts.
Guide to Blue Prism Mainframe Integration
This guide is for those who use Blue Prism automations within an IBM z/OS environment. It was written specifically to help RPA programmers, enterprise IT architects, and system administrators create more resilient and better performing mainframe automations.
Guide to UI Path Mainframe Integration
This guide is for those who use UiPath automations within an IBM z/OS environment. It was written specifically to help RPA programmers, enterprise IT architects, and system administrators create more resilient and performant bot-to-mainframe interactions.
This guide contrasts the default Terminal Sessions method for mainframe bot integration with using RESTful services. It shares methods, programming techniques, and the benefits of using RESTful services to optimize UiPath automations that access IBM System Z applications. Readers will gain practical instruction and get code examples for trying these methods in their environments.